1. Think of your body as a vehicle to help you manifest your life's dreams. Honor your body. Respect your body. Replenish your body with all of the things that promote health and vitality.
2. Create a list of all the things your body allows you to do in life. What have you done with your life so far that you are thankful for? Read this list often, and add to the list as often as you can.
3.Think of the many things your body can do and allows you to do on a daily basis. Remember it is the instrument for you to experience all of the many aspects of life. It is not just an ornament.
4. Create a list of the people in life you admire; people who have contributed in a meaningful way to your life, your community, or the world. Consider whether or not heir appearance was instrumental to their success and accomplishments.
5. Walk through your days with your head held high, supported by pride and the confidence you have in yourself as a person.
6. Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy. There are always things to do that you enjoy, that make you laugh and that nourish your soul.
7. Wear comfortable clothes that you like, that express your personal style, and that feel good to your body.
8. Count your blessings, not your blemishes. You are a miracle yourself!
9. Think about all the things you could accomplish with the time and energy you currently spend worrying about your body and appearance. Try one!
10. Do everything you can to accept yourself and your internal beauty as well as your imperfections. Humans are perfectly-imperfect. Be your body’s friend and supporter, not an enemy.
11. Consider this: your skin replaces itself once a month, your stomach lining every five days, your liver every six weeks, and your skeleton every three months. Your body is extraordinary--don't forget to respect and appreciate it.
12. Every morning when you wake up, thank your body for resting and rejuvenating itself so you can enjoy the day you are gifted with.
13. Every evening when you go to bed, tell your body how much you appreciate what it has allowed you to do throughout the day.
14. Find a method of exercise that you enjoy and do it regularly. Don’t exercise to lose weight or to fight your body. Do it to make your body healthy and strong and because it makes you feel good. Exercise for the four F’s: Fun, Fitness, Friendship and physical Freedom.
15. Think back to a time in your life when you felt good about your body. Tell yourself you can feel like that again, even in this body at this age.
16. Keep a list of 10 positive things about yourself--without mentioning your appearance. Add to it!
17. Put a sign on each of your mirrors saying, “I’m beautiful inside and out.”
18. Choose to find the beauty in the world, in your surroundings and within yourself.
19. Start saying to yourself, “Life is too short to waste my time hating my body this way.”
20. Eat when you are hungry. Rest when you are tired. Surround yourself with people that remind you of your inner strength and beauty.
21. Be patient with yourself. Learn and grow at your own personal rate. Acceptance requires no judgement.
All of Dr. Hoffman's health programs are designed to help you transform your life in a positive way and overcome the roadblocks to health and vitality. For more information call 707-292-8882
Naturopathic health care with compassionate integrative doctors who understand your unique medical needs.