What are the Common Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
- HORMONE IMBALANCES
- NERVOUSNESS & IRRITABILITY
- PREMENSTRUAL TENSION
- SALT CRAVING
- MENTAL DEPRESSION
- CRAVING FOR SWEETS
- ALCOHOL INTOLERANCE
- DIMINISHED LIBIDO
- INTERVALS OF CONFUSION
- POOR MEMORY
- HEART PALPITATIONS
- STOMACH PROBLEMS
- CONSTIPATION OR DIARRHEA
- FAINTNESS OR FAINTING SPELLS
What do our adrenal glands do?
- Through the secretion of adrenal hormones, our adrenals buffer stress on every level. When we are tired and do not sleep, when we are hungry and do not eat, when we are stressed and cannot calm down our adrenals are hard at work secreting hormones.
- They moderate and support the anti-inflammatory action in the body, reducing the probability of allergic reactions and premature aging.
- Our blood sugars are maintained and regulated. The adrenals also determine how carbohydrates, fats and proteins are converted into energy, and how fats are stored and distributed.
- Proper cardiovascular and digestive function is maintained.
- And, after midlife they are a major source and producer of our sexual hormones like Estrogen, Progesterone and Testosterone.
Is my exhaustion actually “adrenal fatigue?”
This is a question we hear over and over again at the clinic. People come in having suffered from unexplainable fatigue, which can often times be debilitating. This can be incredibly frustrating and it seems to be a never ending cycle, often times not improving regardless of many attempted therapies. Our doctors focus on understanding the origins of your fatigue from a comprehensive health history, lifestyle review, and a functional analysis of your adrenal glands as well as any other key components of your endocrine system.
What are the adrenals?
The adrenal glands are walnut-shaped glands that sit on top of each of your kidneys. The hormones which are secreted by them can affect the functions of every tissue, organ, and gland of the body and profoundly influence the way you think, feel and look. They also support and enable the body to deal with stress from every possible source as well as keeping the body’s reaction to stress - a healthy one, instead of a harmful one.
If you suspect that you are suffering with Adrenal Fatigue related problems, don't wait to get tested and started on a recovery plan. The Doctors offer a variety of testing methods to accurately determine the health of your adrenal function.
For more information, please call 707-292-8882
Enjoy this Article? Let's Keep them Coming.
Make your health a priority. Get our latest updates sent to your inbox.
Naturopathic health care with compassionate integrative doctors who understand your unique medical needs.