Grilled Chicken Parmigiana
- 4 medium (6 ounces each) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 bag(s) (5- to 6-ounce) mixed baby greens
- 1/2 cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh basil leaves, torn
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 medium (7 ounces each) tomatoes, each cut horizontally in half
- 2 ounce(s) thinly sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- Place chicken breasts, 1 at a time, between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each breast into a uniform 1/4-inch-thick cutlet. Sprinkle cutlets with oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to season both sides.
- In large bowl, toss greens with basil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spoon salad onto 4 dinner plates.
- Place tomato halves, cut sides down, on hot grill grate; cook 1 minute. Turn tomatoes over and top each half with a piece of mozzarella. Cover grill and cook tomatoes 3 to 4 minutes longer or until cheese melts and tomatoes are heated through. Transfer tomatoes to plates with salad.
- Place cutlets on hot grill grate and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until juices run clear when cutlets are pierced with tip of knife, turning over once. Place cutlets on plates with salad and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Naturopathic health care with compassionate integrative doctors who understand your unique medical needs.